The Mid West Aboriginal Media Association, also known as Radio MAMA, is a community radio station with a vibrant team of staff and volunteers who provide a community voice for Aboriginal people in the Mid West, Murchison and Gascoyne region of Western Australia.
We play a positive role in supporting Aboriginal culture, language, music and arts, with health and wellbeing at the forefront through educational messaging. We have a range of local shows that involve the community through interviews, community service announcements and music requests, as well as providing outside broadcasts at local events.
To develop a strong, active, adaptable and sustainable Aboriginal media network throughout the Mid West, Murchison and Gascoyne regions.
To play a positive role in the development of projects that promotes all aspects of Aboriginal culture and healthy living.
Radio MAMA is committed to:
- Accessibility– Our programs and projects are accessible to all.
- Accountability– We are accountable to our communities.
- Integrity– We act in good faith and in the best interests of the association, our communities, members and partners.
- Partnerships– We work in partnership with communities.
- Respect– We respect the diversity of Australian society.
- Rights and Responsibilities– The association, its members, and the communities have the right to be involved in decisions that affect them, with responsibility to work for the common good.
- Transparency– All aspects of the association’s decision making and operations are transparent.